Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Book Club

Some of my cousins decided it would be fun to start having a book club each month. So I hopped right on and joined the group. This is our second month and so far both of the books have both been very interesting but different at the same time.



Sarah's Key-Alicia's pick:

This was our first book that we read. And i loved it!! I thought it was very well written and an interesting story as well. Its about the time of the Holocaust during the French Roundup. It tells the story from a little girl's perspective who lived through it. And then from a writer in present day who lives in France and she is assigned to write an article about it. It was a great book and I would highly recommend it. (Warning though you may want tissues handy for this one.)



Matched- Jessie's pick:
This was our most recent book we read. This was not a sad one like Sarah's Key was. I enjoyed this one as well. It's about a society and they have their whole lives dictated and planned out for them i.e. who the marry where they work, what they wear, what they eat, when they die and so on. Its a really interesting concept (I know though I wouldn't be able to live that way.) I recommend this one as well it wasn't as fast of a read as Sarah's Key, for me at least. But overall I still enjoyed it very much.

No comments: