Sunday, September 8, 2013

It's been a rough week

As some of you may know I have a disease called bi-polar disorder. I don't like talking about it very much, because I don't want to be labeled as someone who has bi-polar. I just want people to see me and say that's Melissa she is a wonderful person, and not that's Melissa she has a chemical imbalance. This week has been a tough one for me but I just keep telling my self that I'm okay, because I am. I have always been able to keep it under control until the past two years, and that is because we want to try to get pregnant and my medication that I had been on forever and was so good for me is one that you CAN"T be on while you are pregnant. So it's just frustrating to not feel normal, but at the same time I just want to be a mom so if that means I need to be a little crazy for a few months that's okay with me. But I also know I need to be healthy if I want to be a mom. So maybe we will just need to adopt our kids which would be great we just don't have that kind of money. At least I know I have friends and family that are here for me if I need anything. So it's tough but oh well what can you do right?! Just keep swimming!

4 comments:

Breezy said...

Melissa--you are such an incredible person. You are so inspiring!! Just know that you DO have so many people who love you and are cheering you on!

Krystal said...

Love you!!

Kate said...

Sorry you're having a difficult time. Babies are definitely worth the sacrifice. (I have had to drop all of the meds that make me able to breathe for about 50% of the year.) I know it's a totally different deal, but it truly is worth it. ;)

Brad and Jess said...

I love you. Adoption is the best :) I have two amazing kids from it. Let us know if you need anything