Sunday, June 22, 2008

Oh no I'm a Lobster!!


I went to St. George and oh my heavens it was so stinking hot down there I thought I was going to die!!
Anyways on to my story... So we left Wednesday afternoon at about 1:30ish. (And when I say we me and two girls that by the end of the vacation we driving me more nuts than the heat). We stopped in Lehi at Iceberg for some lunch and then again in Cedar City where I put $15 dollars of gas in my car. Then finally we made it to St. George! We got all checked in to our cute little hotel.
Then freshened up a little and went to Chili's for dinner. When we got back to the hotel the girls decided they wanted to go swimming (What? It was like 9:45 whatever). But it was still like 98 degrees crazy sauce huh? The next day all we did was hang out by the pool. And stupid me only brought Hawaiian Tropic SPF 8 (I'll just say it for anyone who is reading this I know I'm RETARDED). So basically what I did was just lay out and either listened to my ipod or did Sudoku puzzles for about 3 hours. And yes by that night I was fried like a lobster. Then that night we went to Cafe Rio and then to a movie ("The Strangers" way scary). Then the next day we came home (best day of the whole trip).
So the moral of my story is the next time I plan on laying out I'm going to use at least SPF 40. And also the next time I go on a trip I will be going with people that I don't want to leave on the side of the road.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good, moral! Are you sunburned like crazy?

Kacy said...

Sounds like you had a blast. What hotel did you stay at? Hey I did not wear any sunscreen when I went and I did not put it on Kennidee either. Kyson on the other hand had to have spf50 or he would be a fried little lobster too. I love St. George though.

Natalie said...

When I told you to take sunblock I meant stronger than that. You would've been better off with butter!! I think you should post a picture of your lovely burn. I am sorry that I wasn't able to go with you. We will definitley go somewhere fun before Denephew is born!!

Zobell Fam said...

I feel your pain...I suffered a major burn last week myself. It was so bad that I had to bathe in Vinegar and tea for 2 day!! hopefully you are better now. Miss ya!!

Vickie said...

I hope Nicole doesn't read your blog!