"Where were you when the world stopped turning on that September day?" -- Alan Jackson
This week the topic for Tuesday Tell All is about September 11, 2001. I remember that day very well actually. I was a Junior in High School and that particular morning I slept in and was late for school. When I first heard about it I was driving to school. On every radio station were News broadcasters explaining what had happened. I wasn't really paying to much attention to what they were saying. I was in too big of a hurry to get to school. I was trying to find a station that was playing music and not the news. At this point I still had no idea what had happened. I remember that whole day all I listened to was X96 because they were the only station still playing music and not news. I finally got to school and while I was walking through the gym the class wasn't out on the field like they normally were. They were all watching the broadcast on T.V. the first thing I saw was the first airplane going into the trade center then the second plane just after. When I first saw it I thought I was just a movie they were watching. Then I realized what had actually happened. It was a very depressing day. Every class that day and the rest of the week was spent watching the news and talking about what had happened. Now with it being 7 years ago I have such a better understanding of it all. And a greater respect for all the soldiers and every one out there fighting for our country. One thing I will never forget about the whole thing is how much our country came together and what a great appreciation we all had to be living in this great country. I must admit though it is sad that it took a terrorist attack for everyone to be so proud of our freedom and what we as Americans stand for.
31 pounds. How I'm doing it.
12 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment