Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Losing it...Hopefully!!!

Its official, I've really started to hit a slump! Over the past month I have really not exercised or done anything at all. I'm starting be such a lazy bumm, and I've started to feel so blah about how I look which isn't a good thing!! I've decided to make a goal for myself to be more active at least 3 times a week. Starting today I'm going to be more proactive about getting healthier. I feel so much better and have much more energy when I'm active and I just love that feeling. Plus there is no reason that I shouldn't be exercising or doing something I have no excuses. I figured that if I said something on my blog and made it public it will make me more motivated. Here it goes you heard it first I will keep everyone updated on my progress every week. Lets just hope I can stick to it. Any words of encouragement or advise that anyone might have will be greatly appreciated! Wish me luck!!!

5 comments:

Krystal said...

would it help if I lock you out until after you've exercised? That might motivate you :) or I will turn off the A/C (oh wait, that punishes me too...) guess it's time for us to get our butts in gear!!

Amanda Swenson said...

Um...you better start exercising you werido....You have to be cool like me!

The Malan Family said...

You can do it! :)

You are more then welcome to come exercise with me if you want. Just be glad you can do it. When I couldn't do any type of exercise I wished I could as crazy as that sounds.

p.s. I have lots of food tips from the trainer guy I can tell you if you want. I wont post them all on here :)

Tales of the Odell's said...

I completely understand how you feel. When I was pregnant with Oliver I had gestational diabetes and had to watch what I ate. It went against everything I believed...that every pregnant woman should be able to eat an entire pie to herself! So, the day Oliver was born and I no longer had the diabetes, I was given a banana cream pie and I ate almost the entire thing! Problem is, I went downhill from there. Eating lots and lots of junk, drinking lots and lots of Dr. Pepper, and NOT doing lots and lots of excersizing.

Then, I would look at pictures of myself and not recognize the person I was looking at. I couldn't stand it. I started trying to find quick, easy ways to lose weight that didn't work. Then I decided that more than needing to see the extra pounds disappear, I needed to feel good inside. (kind of like you were saying.) So, I stopped concentrating on the scale and started taking it one day at a time. It's true what they say, you have to work out and watch what you eat if you want to lose weight. I haven't lost a whole lot yet but I have made excersizing a priority (five days a week), part of my every day "to-do's" and I've been working on eating better. (still tricky...)

My advice: Don't focus on the things you have to give up or on the overwhelming thought of having to make excersizing a habit. Just take it one day at a time, find some work outs that are fun for you, (I like windsor pilates videos), and make realistic, gradual changes to your eating habits. It will work! Even though I haven't seen drastic results yet, I now LOVE to excersize! I feel better enough on the inside that I can be patient for it to show on the outside.

Let me know if you want any other tips...I just happen to have recently been in the same place you are...feeling and wondering why I was being so lazy...??? Such a waste, huh?!

Anonymous said...

Yay!! Congratulations and good luck. I need to get on that 'proactive exercise' bus with you! You should document it on your blog since I strong feel that that will help keep you motivated!!

Tasha