Wednesday, August 1, 2012

March- July Book Club


 Fablehaven Series- Group pick (recommended by, Aunt Jo)
I haven't been doing my book club reviews over the past few months because we have been reading this series and I thought I would wait until we were done reading it and do one big post about all five books. I must admit I wasn't very excited to read this series, but I was pleasently surprised by all the books. When it was first suggested and they described the book I thought to myself  fairies, dragons, magical creatures, what? This is going to be crazy! It was so good though and really opened my eyes and let my imagination run wild (I guess you could say). I'm not really sure I can say which book is my favorite there were parts I enjoyed about all of them. And to be honest I didn't read the end of the fourth book (Natalie told me what happened). And the fifth book I read the first four chapters, chapter ten and the last two chapters. Then I went to Wikipedia to fill in the blanks and read about the new characters that were introduced in that book. Don't worry though I'm going to recheck it out of the library and read the whole thing, the normal way front to back. It was fun to read something like this that I would never pick on my own. Which is the reason I love book club, because most of these books I wouldn't pick on my own but its fun to read something so different and new. 
At this last book club we were able to meet the Author Brandon Mull (he's my Aunt's neighbor) so that was a lot of fun. Here are some pictures I took, enjoy.